Ads 468x60px

Monday, June 25, 2012

Going for the Goals #2

First, let's see how I did with last week's goals:



1) Stop spending money on anything but the essentials until I find a job.


Nailed it! I only spent money on groceries, rent, and utilities last week! A big part of this was confining my window shopping to pinterest, where the temptation to turn it into real shopping isn't as strong, and reminding myself of how much $20 can buy (20 cups of yogurt, 4 or 5 loaves of bread, 4 or 5 boxes of California veggie burgers, or 4 tubs of ice cream) and how long it takes to earn $20 (almost 3 hours!) whenever I feel tempted to take a taxi instead of the subway. It pretty much always works. 

2) Land a job.

Did it, yay! I landed a job on Tuesday, they offered me the position right at the interview! As I've been working in some kind of frozen dessert setting for the past 4+ years, guess where it is? A softserve shop, that's right! Hey, I'm not complaining! Anyone in NYC? You should come check us out! I think it's so fun when people I know in some way or another come to work and I get to serve them a fun treat. :)

3) Stop eating late at night.

I didn't do such a good job with that one - I guess my body was still used to eating late at night, because I'd often get hungry around 10 or 11, even when I'd eaten dinner around 6 or 7, and have another full meal, much to my sleep's dismay! I did notice, however, that I slept significantly better on the two or three nights where this didn't happen.

Soo...



Peanut Butter and Jenny


1) Stop eating late at night.

I'm doing this one again. So it didn't work out that well last week - this week is a new week, I can try again! Even if I just improve by an hour (say, finish at 9 instead of 10) or by one day of no late night eating, that's a little improvement for my sleep. Just because you can't move in leaps in bounds doesn't mean that you can't make some progress!


2) Be as prepared as possible for auditions.


Since auditions don't happen every day, and when they do they're pretty exciting, I want to make sure that I make the most of each and every one for the rest of the summer - June is already over and then there's only July and half of August left in NYC. Time flies! In that light, I'll make sure that I just practice slating in the mirror, and maybe a few different characters or some general loosening up exercises, right before I head out on each audition. That way, there's none of that awkward warming up business when I'm there.


3) Write more often.


I write blog posts often, but I haven't written a full story in a while. I want to get started on that and try to write a bit, even if it's just 100 words, every day (or as close to it as I can). 


I think 3 is a my go-to goal number, at least for now :)


Do you have any goals for the week?


Do you have any advice for me to help me achieve my goals?


Do you like setting goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment