Ads 468x60px

Friday, June 8, 2012

Reason No. Gazillion Why New York City is Too Cool

I think we all know that I love New York.

I also love Dr. Praeger's veggie burgers and I've been missing Nooch hardcore - welcome back to my life!

I think we all know that, if I get to end up living here full-time at some point in my future (perhaps after graduation in two years, when I get a real job?) I don't think that sounds so bad. Not so bad at all. ;)


A half-frozen brownie with pistachio greek yogurt, frozen strawberries, cereal, and - of course - almonds

For reason number gazillion (and one?) why New York City is too cool, guess what I got to do today?

P28 Bread with peanut butter, a mocha swirl ice cream bar (and that's a pretty average sized bar, so that shows you how BIIIIG those slices are), and almonds


Be an extra in an indie feature film! There are some pretty cool people in it (anyone watch Mad Men?) and there were only seven other extras in the scene, so it was a nice, small, intimate shooting scenario. 

As is the charm of indie stuff.



A Dr. Praeger's veggie burger and mini cucumbers with ketchup at my boss's house in Connecticut (she loves them, too!)

The not-so-charming?

I had to be up at 4am to get all my stuff together and high-tail it over to the far-far-away shooting location (on public transportation, of course - might I mention: there are some interesting, potentially unsavory, characters on the NYC subway at the butt-crack of dawn).


Still at my boss's house, frozen berries with walnuts and vanilla soy milk.



Still, we were done and I was back by noon. It was super fun and a lovely way to spend a Sunday morning!




Sauteed spinach with chopped celery, spices, Nooch, and mustard. I'm a BIIIIG fan of mustard.

Sunday morning? No, that's not a typo - this was last weekend (I work during the week) but I just haven't had a chance to post about it yet.


Chi pudding (prepared in honey water) over strawberries and a piece of polenta, surrounded by a moat of chocolate almond milk.


Seriously, guys, New York City never sleeps. How fun!

So the snack pictures scattered throughout this post - fun or disruptive?


What is the longest period of time that YOU think you could live in NYC for? I think I'd like to live here for a few years at some point, but (as much as I love NYC) I don't think I'd want to live here forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment