Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

WIAW #43

So here's some exciting news I believe I forgot to share with you - I'm not going to LA after all! 

I've really been loving NYC and, at this time, there are just more opportunities for me here. Also...I'm too young to rent a car and LA's public transport system is crappy nonexistent. Anyway, for a plentitude of reasons, it makes more sense for me to continue interning in NYC this summer. 

I'm loving it!

Peas and Crayons

I love having a kitchen.

Cheezy green beans, honey mustard dressing, and sundried tomatoes on mixed greens
I love having super-awesome, super-nice roommates. One is an amazing musical theater actress whom we're all going to be admiring on Broadway one day soon. The other is a ridiculously friendly and talented writer who teaches students in inner city schools. 

Fitzgerald better watch out. 

Greek yogurt, apple, two lemon bars, a packet of almonds, cereal
They're also both frickin' gorgeous.

Dr. Praeger's California Veggie Burger on baby spinach with sauteed greens, baby tomatoes, and honey mustard dressing. Ketchup, too!
I feel so Sex and the City. And frankly? I love it.


Close up - because it's yummers!
I have big dreams and that awful awkwardness around sharing them. For some reason, I just have quite a bit of trouble talking about my creative pursuits with people who don't already know about them.

Frozen mixed berries with vanilla almond milk and strawberry shaped vanilla fudge. Also, a dash of cinnamon.
Do you know what I'm talking about? I'm not sure what it is - but actually, I probably do know.

I think I'm afraid of being judged.

Half a bagel with jam, almonds and chocolate chips (I had the other half, too, but it's unpictured).
I think I'm afraid of trying, and having people know I'm trying, and then failing.

Greens, tomatoes, cheeze stir-fry.
I think I'm afraid because these creative pursuits are so subjective and so many people are pursuing the exact same thing.

I love those Dr. Praeger's California veggie burgers!

I think I'm afraid that people will look at me and find that I just don't measure up - that I'm not special enough to think that I can succeed where so many others don't.

The edamame definitely makes it...
I think I'm afraid of being vulnerable.

A chocolate peanut butter Quest bar, greek yogurt, and cereal.
What are YOU afraid of?

No comments:

Post a Comment