Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

WIAW #42: If You Don't Feel Like Chewing Much...

I didn't do a day's eats this week (not that I really ever do), instead I put together a random fun post!

Peas and Crayons

I got my wisdom teeth (all four, all impacted) out a few years ago, but I know that a lot of people get theirs out over summer vacation.

Wisdom teeth out = not so much chewing. For me, that meant lots of smoothies, milkshakes, puddings, yogurts, porridges, and ice cream.

But there are also a ton of great, healthy food blogger foods to add to that list, if you want a little more variety! So if you're getting your wisdom teeth out, here are some things you can eat (in addition to the ones listed above):


I hadn't heard of green monsters when I got my wisdom teeth out, so I had a no-veggies week, but you don't have to give up your veggies just because you gave up a few teeth!


If you want to, of course, feel free - a week without veggies won't kill you.


But with delicious green monsters (above: banana, baby spinach, vanilla protein powder, agave syrup, cashew butter) it's so tempting to eat drink your tasty greens.

If you're getting wisdom teeth out, though, forgo the berries - especially raspberries and blackberries with their pits!


A few days in, when you can gum things a bit, my lovely chia oats are a good choice. Just forgo the delightful frozen berries (poor you!). You can add jam, though, and that will bring a similar flavor.

Have you gotten your wisdom teeth out?


Do you have a FUNNY wisdom teeth story? Make me laugh, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment