Ads 468x60px

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Hey, It's Okay


This is my second 'Hey, it's okay' post, but it's a post that I've been struggling with for a while. It's not that it's hard to write, but more that it's hard to hit 'publish.' 

If you've been reading Living, Learning, Eating for a while, you know about my reluctance to open up too much, to make myself too vulnerable, to share too much, and to be judged. Thanks to all of your super nice comments and words of encouragement on yesterday's post, I've decided to write a post that's been a long time coming.

SPOILER: I'm throwing caution to the wind (hint: if you don't want to read the whole post, you can skip to the end for the juicy part

Hey, it's okay...


...to decide to just focus on my 5-day-a-week internship and other pursuits (see below) this summer, and not take a summer class on top of it. It's okay to decide to get a NYC public library card and read and relax during my free time. 


With roasted, seasoned kabocha squash, diced tomatoes, Nooch, mustard, olive oil, and organic baby kale
...to want to go to Greece pretty much solely because of The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and greek yogurt.


Now that it's summer and I don't have to have a sucky meal plan, I eat greek yogurt all day errday.  I don't want to know how much I spend on greek yogurt. * Shudders * Add my froyo spendings and it's true disaster.
...to prefer light-hearted reads (think chick lit, teen novels, etc.) to deep literary fiction.

...to be sick of worrying about judgment and just be who you are, and do what you love, unapologetically and unabashedly.

I am Sabrina and I am an actress,

A slate from a recent video audition
 a model,

A fashion show this spring
an author,
My book! I would love it so much if you'd read it :) And I'd super-appreciate it if you'd leave review - it can be as brief and informal as you like and please do be honest, even if that means you write 'this SUCKS' - but reviews make writers better.

a student, and a fashion addict. 

Oh haaiiii, Central Park!
I talk too much, dance badly, and eat my words. But I try my best and I am fine by me

I'm done keeping myself to myself out of fear. I want people to read what I write, say what they feel, and (most of all) I want to live my life freely

And you know what?

I will.

Do your own! Hey, it's okay...what?

Have you 'come out' on your blog yet? What was the hardest part for you?


If you have something you'd like to share about you, please do!

No comments:

Post a Comment