Ads 468x60px

Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Look For Less: Steal Taylor Swift's Look

Have you ever seen an outfit and just wanted it? It's no surprise (considering their impressive wardrobe allowances and skillful stylists) that this happens pretty often with celebs.

I thought it might be a fun little project to see how to put together one of these looks on a normal girl's budget!

Outfits that cost the same as a semester's tuition? No thanks.

I chose to do a classy, casual Taylor Swift's look today:


Here's how to get it:

Skirt - $68.00, nastygal.com

Sweater - $43.11, La Redoute


Bag - $29.99, Target


Note: don't you dare call it Tar-jay! I overheard someone calling it that the other day (the worst part? They were serious) and I almost choked on my banana.

Just don't do it. It's a hazard to banana-eaters everywhere. :P

Shoes - $19.99, Payless ShoeSource


I'm sorry, but I just had to change the shoes. Like Stacy from What Not to Wear, I loooooove a red heel.

The pinkish-purplish pumps Taylor Swift rocks are cute, but the red pumps really make the outfit special. She's a smart girl, though - love that modest heel!

No one looks cute staggering around and grimacing.

No one.

Anyway, outfit total comes to $161.09. Considering that the price includes heels and a handbag, that's really not too shabby - and I'm willing to bet it's a heck of a lot less than what Taylor's outfit cost her!

Do you like the classic, conservative look, or do you find it boring?


What height of heel do you USUALLY wear? 


What's your favorite color for pumps?

No comments:

Post a Comment