Ads 468x60px

Friday, June 22, 2012

Pinterest is Making Me Poor


If you're a fan on Facebook, then you're probably no stranger to my Pinterest obsession. It all started innocently enough, after a friend suggested I join to help spread the word about The Champagne Diaries. "It's the hot new trend," she told me. Fine. So I created a board called "Bubbly Beauties" and posted some hot photos of Marilyn Monroe and a few pretty glasses of champagne. Simple enough, right?

Then, one particularly slow Tuesday at work, I began exploring other people's boards. I just so happened to be in the midst of one of my many apartment reinventions (these happen every 2-3 weeks), and I noticed someone's super posh living room on a board called "Rooms to Die For." I pinned a picture of a couch. Then, I pinned a rug. Next, some lamps. Fast forward to the weekend and I'm 3 glasses of Chardonnay deep, applying for a Z Gallerie credit card. "Congratulations! You've been approved!" 

Great.

Over the course of the next few weeks, my home-office began to look more like a Fed Ex shipment center, as pillows, chandeliers, and extravagant bedding engulfed my once productive woman-cave. Soon I would discover the "fashionista" boards (who knew mint green nails were so tres chic?) and the next thing I knew I was buying peel-and-stick nail art circa Tokyo 1997.

My life has quickly become a flurry of vibrant home furnishings, experimental hairdos and a fierce lipstick collection that rivals even the draggiest of drag queens. So where does this leave me? I don't know, but my bank account has reached new lows, my eyes are bleeding from consuming so many photos of tuck-away braids, and I'm feeling sassier than ever. So in my book, things are just pintastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment