Ads 468x60px

Monday, June 18, 2012

This Week's Goals

I'm definitely a goals person. I get more done when I have goals and just having goals relaxes me and focuses me. It's ridiculous that I haven't set any in so long!

I'm so happy that Jenny came up with the Going for the Goals blogger thingy, and I'm super happy to join the party! This is my first week. :)

Peanut Butter and Jenny

1) Stop spending money on anything but the essentials until I find a job.
I get a stipend of $50 a week as an intern, so I'm bleeding money here. I need an after-internship night job or a weekend job pronto, so that I can keep food in my fridge!

That said...

2) Land a job.
I'm employable, I'm hard-working, and this is a city full of work! There's no reason why I shouldn't have a job by the end of the week, I just not to stop the dallying and half-hearted emails that I've been doing so far.

3) Stop eating late at night.
Personally, if you can eat at night and sleep fine - go for it. There's tons of research showing that it's not when you eat, but what you eat, that matters most. So there's really no sense in imposing artificial limits. 

For me, however, I've found that eating a ton at night (as I've been doing all month) really screws with my sleep. I need to stop it pronto, so that I can get some decent shut eye!

I'm going to keep it at just those 3 for now, as I don't want to set a whole bunch of goals and achieve none of them. Quality over quantity, y'all. :)

What is one of your goals for this week?

Any advice to help me achieve mine? Job leads are, of course, always appreciated (I'm in NYC, west Harlem).

No comments:

Post a Comment