Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

WIAW #44: New Snack Obsessions

Since this is the last WIAW of June and I have yet to directly address this month's theme, I've decided that it's high time!

So here are my new snack obsessions!

Peas and Crayons

I am such a snacker.

A super chocolatey mega-muffin (sorry for the crappy lighting, this was a midnight movie-watching snack baked on a whim when the 12:30am munchies set in. AKA: no natural lighting whatsoever to be had). I ate this with greek yogurt and a scoop of vanilla ice cream, topped with peanuts - yum yum!
As with the rest of my food, I prefer sweet snacks to savory and tend to eat way more sweet snacks.

Cereal, peanut flour in olive oil, yogurt with Amazing Grass Vanilla Chai Amazing Meal powder
I'm also a complete chocoholic - can you believe that I went through a phase where I just didn't love it?

 So weird.

I also never liked fruit and chocolate, but I've been super hooked on the following combo and really like how the sweetness of the cherry jam (or strawberry, I like to mix it up!) plays off of the sweetness of the chocolate chips. I guess your tastes really do change every few years - I have noticed some things that I used to love that I don't anymore, and vice versa!

A bagel with jam and loooooots of chocolate chips. As in, after the chocolate chips exploded on my bagel halves, you couldn't see any of the bread or the jam anymore. SOOOOO good. Such a dessert snack!
But even though I love sweet stuff, I do love veggies and I love how they make me feel. And Dr. Praeger's California veggie burgers?

Definitely good enough to tempt me to go savory now and then!

A Dr. Praeger's California veggie burger on mixed lettuces with sliced baby tomatoes, nNooch, and honey mustard dressing.
But chocolate and carrrrbbbbbbsssssss tempt me right back. :P

A P28 bagel, two frozen brownie squares, yogurt with peanut flour.
And my ice cream addiction is no secret, but I've just discovered the beauty of homemade sorbet - other than that it's not so pretty.

I end up with one massive scoop, instead of several regular scoops, since I (a) don't have a scooper and (b) would have issues scooping this anyway, since it's a bit softer.

Homemade chocolate strawberry sorbet, topped with chia seed 'sprinkles'.
Life without greek yogurt?

So sad.

Roasted kabocha squash (under which hides a base of peanut butter and granola, for crunch), greek yogurt, goji berries, and golden berries - I loooove golden berries!
Greek yogurt is definitely still the primary reason why I'm not vegan.

Greek yogurt with oats and avocado and honey (so yummy that I forgot to take a picture until I was already almost all done with the yogurt!)
These little beautifies have found their way back into my life!

Why are avocados not a more regular part of my life?
On a non-food note, my other new obsession is StyleOwner. I made my own StyleOwner 'boutique' and it's just so much fun. For me, it's like virtual window shopping - and, like the real thing, soooo addicting.

Have you tried StyleOwner?

If you've seen my 'boutique,' do we have similar taste in fashion? No worries if we don't, I'd just be interested in hearing if other people like the same things that I do!

Have your tastes changed recently?

Do you eat a lot of avocado?

No comments:

Post a Comment