Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

WIAW #41: Another Day in the Life

Overall, y'all seemed to enjoy last week's What I Did (and ate!) Wednesday, so I figured I'd do it again. 

I'll skip over those awful two days last week where I did absolutely nothing but suffer through a nasty bout of food poisoning (y'all don't want details, trust me) and pick a random other day for y'all to take a look at.

Again, for those of you who weren't around for last week's post:

DISCLAIMER: not every single activity or every single thing I ate/drank is included - it would be pretty darn dull if I included things like 'brushed my teeth,' 'took a shower,' 'washed my dishes,' etc. But no worries! Just because I didn't write it doesn't mean I don't do it. :P

Also, my days are very atypical. There is no 'usual' day for me right now. I'm an intern at an itty-bitty office and every day is different!

Without further ado:

Peas and Crayons

8:00am - Wake up (that's reallllllllly late for me, but I was still bouncing back from that icky food poisoning and I guess my body needed the extra rest)!

8:10am - Check my email.

8:20am - Shower

8:40am - Breakfast
A packet of almonds, a jelly bean pancake with half black bean flour (looks gross, tastes good) , topped with hand whipped heavy cream
 Sorry for the crap-tastic quality of these two pictures - I used PhotoBooth and it's quality is pretty darn shoddy.

An old-school no-bake cookie
9:10am - Take the subway to work. Today, we're working in our usual spot at my boss's alumni's club building near Times Square. 
For some reason, the subway is super crowded. Lots of elbow-in-the-spleen, butt bashing (you know, when someone whams into you full force with their bum) action. 

It's a loooooooooong ride and the air is as stale as dining hall bread.

Speaking of which...I might have exciting new for y'all that will make all of us happy!

10:00am - Work

12:00pm - Lunch (no pictures, I'd feel too awkward whipping out my camera during work - but I ate at the Le Mirage Cafe and they have a pretty decent hot bar. I had sauteed spinach, grilled portabello, polenta, a kidney bean salad, moroccan lentil soup, and an apple with mixed nuts for dessert). 


Since I don't have a picture of lunch, I'll throw in an extra breakfast picture (from another day):


Chia Oats in a PB2 jar, plain with just sugar and salt mixed in (raisins and craisins on top,  lots of walnuts on the side)
12:30pm - Back to work

3:00pm-ish - My boss whips out some Hershey's chocolate (oh, the pros of having a female boss) and we have chocolate and tea (peppermint) while working. 

I used to haaaaaate peppermint tea (it would literally make me nauseas) but it's growing on me! Okra slime, on the other hand?

Yeah. I don't see that happening any time soon.


4:30pm - Second snack (a snack I packed at home earlier, when I also took the picture):


6:00pm - I'm off, head home! The subway is crowded, but not crowded enough to displace my spleen. Count the small mercies!

7:00pm - Dinner while watching Jessie on Disney Channel. I just discovered that we have cable, so yay - TV for me! I know I'm probs too old for Disney Channel, but I love it.

Mixed baby lettuces with cucumber, honey mustard-nooch dressing, black pepper, and roasted kabocha squash (ketchup, too)

A close-up, because it's a beauty with all those lovely colors


Greek yogurt with pomegranate seeds, dried blueberries, dried goji berries, and peanut sauce over granola


Again, yummers



The least yummy part of the meal - a blueberry muffin made from mix - it looks like they just used blueberry powder or maybe just color and flavoring? Ick. Also, it's under-baked inside (but that's my fault). Also, a frozen no-bake cookie. It was probably the one with the last bit of batter, because it's heavy on the chocolate peanut butter mix and light on the oats.
Disney Channel > Snooki.

Anyday. I mean, it's Disney - what's not to love?

8:00pm - Email, facebook, arrange playdates with friends from high school in the NYC area.

9:00pm - Do some more work for my internship. 

11:00pm - Snack, then blog.

Greek yogurt, another packet of almonds, cereal, and another no-bake cookie
11:45pm - Get ready for bed.

12:00pm - Lights out! Nighty-night!

Is there any kind of tea that YOU just can't stomach? Rational or not - it's always nice to know I'm not the only weirdo!

What is one show that you like, even if you ought NOT to?

What are YOU doing this summer? Come on, guys, share! I'm curious! Or, if you aren't sure what you're doing all summer (no judgment at all, that's totally okay) then what are you doing right now - this month, this week, today?

No comments:

Post a Comment