Ads 468x60px

Monday, October 1, 2012

A Jem of a Nut Butter Company...

Excuse the pun, but Jem Raw Chocolate really is a gem. I smear their nut butter on everything these days.

Okay, maybe not my homework.

But maybe I should - perhaps the TAs grading my problem sets would appreciate the snack? :P



Jen of Jem (tee-hee) Raw Chocolate generously sent me two jars of their amazing nut butters to review - Coconut Cardamom Almond Butter and Cinnamon Red Maca Almond Butter.

Jem Raw Chocolate makes a whole line of organic, raw vegan healthy indulgences, including such exotic flavors as Maqui Camu Super Berry Butter and organic raw chocolate bars.

I couldn't wait to try these two jars, and after a busy week of fashion-fashion-fashion (hello, Boston Fashion Week) I figured I deserved it. Especially since Boston Fashion Week coincided so closely with my first papers of the semester here at Harvard!

Yes, I was that girl backstage at the shows with my giant textbooks, getting ink stains all over my fingers and royally ticking off the make-up artists who subsequently had to put concealer all over my fingers. Whoops :P

Anyway, back to the nut butter:



There's mild oil separation (more so in the Coconut Cardamom Almond Butter than the Cinnamon Red Maca Almond Butter) but both nut butters are on the thin side of consistency.

The coconut cardamom almond butter is so exotic a flavor that I almost felt like putting on some Bollywood music (anyone else watch Bollywood movies just for the outfits and the song-and-dance routines?) and happy dancing around my kitchen. Tastebud party! But even though the coconut cardamom almond butter is amazing (your tastebuds haven't lived until you've had it dripping all over a ripe banana), the cinnamon red maca almond butter was my favorite, by far.



Oh hello, delicious. It's a little thicker than the coconut cardamom almond butter and beyond creamy. There's the perfect amount of cinnamon-y goodness for a cinnamon lover like myself (and many of you, from what I see on your blogs and read in the comments!) and though I've never had red maca before, or any kind of maca, but it must be what's responsible for that extra special something that makes this almond butter completely addicting.


Luckily, I don't have to feel bad about my addiction! 


The cinnamon red maca almond butter, above, and the coconut cardamom almond butter, below.


Made of just sprouted almonds, coconut palm sugar, red maca, cinnamon, and vanilla (all certified organic ingredients) this sweet spread can happily find it's way into my sandwiches, my yogurt bowls, my ice cream sundaes, my cookie sandwiches, and onto my pancakes, waffles, sweet potatoes, roasted kabocha, and sliced fruits and veggies!

If you really want to knock your tastebuds' socks of, spread this on a chocolate cookie. 

Do it now, you can thank me later ;)

Oh, and congratulations to ASHLEY HUDSON, the winner of my Kur Delights giveaway! I've emailed you, check your inbox and get back to me ASAP, so that we can get your raw vegan brownies out to you!

What one thing have you been enjoying a lot of lately?

What's the coolest nut butter flavor you've ever had?

Have you tried Jem Raw Chocolate nut butters?

No comments:

Post a Comment