Ads 468x60px

Monday, October 8, 2012

Smoothie City!



It wasn't until I married my husband that I developed a sweet tooth. I was always a "fries over ice cream" kinda gal. If you gave me a choice between eating potato chips or a piece of chocolate cake, the chips won - hands down. Usually, an entire bag of them.

But after Ryan rode into my life on a white dirtbike (or, ummm, stallion, get it?) I started getting into sweets. Ryan has to have his ice cream. I'm talking get up in the middle of the night with a craving and go to the bodega type situation. So, naturally, I started getting in on this little Ben and Jerry party from time to time, and before I knew it, I was indulging in a little too much Cherry Garcia. And it was catching up with my ass-ets, big time.

Like I've mentioned before, the first time I embarked on my Champagne Diet lifestyle, I lost 27 pounds. Things like ice cream didn't even pop into my head when I was hungry. I literally craved bananas. But add a happy marriage to the mix and suddenly visions of sugar plums and pints of Chunky Monkey will dance in your head. Trust me.  

But those days are over, kittens! You may have read about how me and my Bubbly Talk Radio hosts launched our "Healthy is the New Skinny" campaign three weeks ago. We're all following The Champagne Diet, and indulging in the best of the best. No more junk, no more processed crap, and definitely no more ice cream. I've lost 6 pounds so far, and as wonderful as I do feel, I'll admit I do sort of crave the sweet stuff. I had to get creative and figure out a nutritious way to indulge that did not involve fudge tracks. So after some playing around with my immersion blender, I came up with this delicious treat that is not only sinfully delicious, but Champagne Diet friendly, as well:

Very Berry Grecian Delight:

7 oz Fage 0% plain greek yogurt (single serving size)
1 handful of frozen blueberries
1 handful of frozen strawberries
1 tablespoon of honey

Blend your little heart out, baby! (feel free to add a dash of water to liquify this, as it may be a bit thick)

Enjoy!

What types of healthy treats do you indulge in to satisfy your sweet tooth?

No comments:

Post a Comment