Ads 468x60px

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Edy's Slow Churned - Creamy and Delicious

Oddly enough, I enjoy ice cream more in the colder months than in the hot summer months. I'm not quite sure why (and it's not as if I don't enjoy ice cream in the summer - I always enjoy ice cream) but it's a personal trend that's been around for as long as I can remember.

Anyway, as such I've been reviewing a lot of ice cream lately. But even now that their Loaded line is long retired (I'm still grieving the loss of my favorite ice creams ever), no ice cream review series would be complete without Edy's.

Loaded is gone, but they still have their Grand and Slow Churned (which includes some frozen yogurt blends!) ice cream lines and their fruit bars.

But I'm into the creamy stuff, so I passed the fruit bars (popsicles made with real fruit) for the Slow Churned ice cream, which promises a super creamy base.


I tried Slow Churned Yogurt Blends Caramel Praline Crunch and had really high hopes - Edy's is, in general, one of the creamier brands of ice cream and caramel praline crunch is one of my favorite ice cream flavors (followed closely by Oreo/Cookies-n-Cream, then Cookie Dough).


It's SO YUMMY and, while it's not as loaded as Loaded was, there are still a lot of mix-ins in there - more than a lot of other brands; they certainly don't skimp on the caramel and praline cookie bits!


Since I like a ton of textures and flavors in my ice cream, though, I ate it with flax seeds and cinnamon. YUM.


But it really didn't need it. Now that Loaded is gone, this is my favorite ice cream!

The base is beyond creamy, it's perfectly sweet, the praline bits are crunchy and perfect (not stale at all, unlike the Baskin Robbins Pralines 'n Cream flavor - I do not recommend that one) and the caramel is ooey, gooey perfection.

But who knows, maybe they'll bring Loaded back some day? We ought to start a petition!

I've obviously been at Harvard too long. The student body enjoys petitioning pretty much anything :P

What are your favorite and least favorite brands of ice cream?

Did you get to try Edy's Loaded before it was discontinued?

Have you ever joined a petition?


No comments:

Post a Comment