Ads 468x60px

Saturday, October 20, 2012

PB Crave - The Coldstone of Peanut Butter

When I first discovered Coldstone Creamery a few years ago, I couldn't believe it. A yummy base of ice cream, filled with all kinds of mix-ins and making up all kinds of cool flavor combos! What could be better?

Well, y'all know that my peanut butter addiction is matched perhaps only by my nut butter addiction. So what if you could have a Coldstone Creamery of peanut butter?

Oh hey, PB Crave!


PB Crave is the Coldstone of peanut butter. They make four crazy peanut butter flavors (but I'm hoping they'll expand the line soon), including Cookie Nookie (!!!) and Razzle Dazzle (anyone else think of Chicago when they read that?).

And guess what? They do it all without hydrogenated oils or high fructose corn syrup, but while creating a peanut butter that truly turns any peanut butter sandwich into a tastebud sensation!


Above is the ingredients list (and nutritional stats) for the Choco Choco flavor; all four flavors have the same base ingredients. Below is the jar of Coco Bananas, which makes a Chunky Monkey-meets-Elvis sandwich.


And here's what's in it:


And yes, I get weird cuts all the time. Especially in the kitchen - I'm forever slicing open my thumb or burning my index fingers while making dinner.

Oh well.

Back to the nut butter!


The above is the Coco Bananas flavor (and the blow picture is of the same) but they're all equally creamy. My jar had some light oil separation, but a quick stir with my knife got it all creamy and wonderful again.

And it's a fragrant peanut butter! As soon as I ripped open the seal, all I could smell was chocolaty banana goodness. YUM.


While I primarily eat nut butter on yogurt bowls, bread, sweet potatoes, ice cream, or baked goods (all of which nut butter makes even better) these nut butters are good enough to eat straight out of the jar with a spoon.

Especially the Cookie Nookie.


It really is like peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough! The vanilla is a pretty predominant flavor in this one.



I really like chocolate, so I was excited to try the Choco Choco!



It's like a melted dark Reese's cup.



Again, hello yummy!


And for the Razzle Dazzle, think a self-contained PB&J spread with chocolate added.


It's a PBJC!


The primary flavor is chocolate and the secondary flavor is raspberry. It's really just a hint of chocolate.


And it's super-duper creamy! PB Crave is so good at getting the creamy factor just right :)


Dear goodness, how does PB Crave come up with these awesome flavors? They certainly are all very crave-worthy!

What flavor should PB Crave make next?

Which of the current PB Crave flavors do you like best?

What's your favorite *unusual* thing to eat peanut butter on/with?


Don't forget to enter my giveaway to win a Ronco Food Dehydrator!

No comments:

Post a Comment