Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Trendy Tuesday #12

Hello!

The theme of this Trendy Tuesday is British fashion, so here are some cool looks from some trendy ladies over in England!

Nesha's Fall Floral


Harriet Gunner's This Charming Style




Elle Stefani's Kodak Moment

Silver-vintage-sweater-black-vintage-shoes-blue-levis-shorts-black-h-m-tig_400


11011705718_400

Well, that was fun! Almost like a mini-vacation, no? 

Okay, so I'm exaggerating. 

But still.

One thing I'm definitely noticing from our cold weather counterparts is an affinity for layering. Given the colder days that are coming (and are here already, for some of us) we can learn a thing or two from them!


Okay, eats time!

You may remember Just Fruit Bars from waaaaaay back at the end of summer, when they appeared in my Healthy Lunchbox Series. My little sister really liked them, so when I was looking for a handy dried fruit snack to have on-hand in my backpack or handbag, I decided to give them a try myself.


love blueberries and (since most of their bars are either based on pear or apple as a foundation) decided to go with Pear Blueberry. The bars come in either a 25g or 40g size, depending on how snacky you're feeling, and are all wheat, dairy, gluten, and nut free.

There are two whole servings of fruit in a 25g bar and it's nothing but fruit - no added sugars, no artificial flavors, no artificial colors, no preservatives, no additives

Just fruit.


The bars are all sticky and firm, a lot thicker than fruit leather-stylet bars and also chewier (there's enough thickness for your teeth to sink in a bit).


And they're very true to their flavor descriptions, as expected considering that their flavor descriptions could almost double as their ingredient lists! I was worried that the pear would overwhelm the blueberry flavor, but it really didn't - the blueberry was still the primary flavor.

Likewise, in the Pear Cranberry bar, the cranberry is the strongest flavor. You can even see, from the rich red color, that they use a good amount of cranberries!


There are many more varieties, including Apple Cherry, Apple Raspberry, Pear Strawberry, and their new Acai fruit line. I like having these bars with a handful of nuts as quick, light, on-the-go (or study) snack. Yum!

What's your advice for layering?

Do you eat dried fruits/fruit leather often? I love them, I eat so much of both!

Do you prefer dark/nude tights or bright/colorful tights?


Don't forget to enter my giveaway to win a Ronco Food Dehydrator!

No comments:

Post a Comment