Ads 468x60px

Monday, October 8, 2012

Study Tips and Snickers Ice Cream Faces Some Competition

For those of us in college, October doesn't just mean Halloween and lots of colorful leaves on the floor. It also means that midterm exams are just around the bend. 


I have a few signature study tips that help me stay (more or less) sane during midterms season.

1) Do what works for YOU. Just because that-girl-with-the-pocket-calculator-from-3D-calc seems to be in the library 24/7 doesn't mean that's what you need to be doing. If you try to hold yourself to other people's standards, and to their study regimes, things are likely to end badly. After all, how do you know what she's doing on her laptop all that time? For all you know, she's playing Farmland while you're stressing yourself out over not working hard enough!

2) Find a study spot. For me, it's my room - that's where I can get in The Zone. The library isn't so great for me, because all the sniffling and coughing can sometimes make it hard to concentrate. Plus, there's too much chatting and people watching to be had in such a public space! On the other hand, some of my friends can't study in their rooms and only study in the library, where the presence of other students helps hold them accountable.

3) Lists are your friend. Instead of stressing out over forgetting things, I like to make lists of things I need to do. That way, I know I won't forget!

4) Don't forget to take breaks. You're not a machine - don't forget to relax,

5) Quality over quantity. Will you get more out of 5 hours of studying, full of 5 (or 10) minute Facebook interludes, or out of 2 hours of resolute studying, then 3 hours spent relaxing, doing laundry, watching a favorite show, or reading a funny book? For me, it's the latter.

My best study advice, however, is to try to stay calm and to enjoy yourself - there's no point if you don't enjoy what you're doing. Oh, and don't forget that you need fuel for all that learning! Sweet, creamy frozen treats included, of course, which brings me to the second part of this post.

That I like Snicker's Ice Cream Bars is really no secret. For as long as I can remember, no gas station ice box or supermarket novelties aisle has been safe when there's Snickers and me involved. 

For those of you who have never seen a Snicker's ice cream bar (I'm sorry for your years of deprivation), here's a quick pic:


Yeah, so there's pretty much no secret as to why I'm a huge fan of their awesome creamy, chocolatey, caramely, peanuty awesomeness.

Anyway, apparently Weight Watchers Ice Cream makes a similar bar - their Ice Cream Candy Bars!


My first impression was very favorable - the milk chocolate coating looks good (spoiler alert: it tastes good, too) and there seem to be way more nuts than in the Snicker's bar. This mix-ins obsessed girl is a-okay with that!


There's also slightly more caramel than the Snicker's bar, but the caramel, nuts, chocolate, and ice cream are all just as delicious as the Snicker's bar (I really couldn't say that one is yummier than the other, as far as components, as they tasted exactly alike to me).


The WW Ice Cream Candy Bar just had a higher chocolate/caramel/peanuts : ice cream ratio, which tipped the odds slightly in its favor.


Never fear - no icy 'light' ice cream here!

What's your favorite ice cream novelty?

What's the last ice cream treat that you ate?

What are your best study tips?

Don't forget to enter my organic cheese giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment