Ads 468x60px

Monday, September 3, 2012

GoGo Quinoa - Yummy Whole Grains!

I love, love, love cereal.

Love.

I also really like trying out new grains and I've been wanting to incorporate more quinoa into my life for a while - so I was super happy to try out GoGo Quinoa products! They're a really allergy and special-diet friendly company, as they make plenty of gluten-free and vegan products, but they''re also all about the whole grains, which I adore.


They make Muesli, pasta, cookies, quinoa burger mixes, soups, salts, pancake mixes, breakfast foods (like hot cereals), and plain cereal! I got to try a few of their yummies and, of course, I started the sampling with the cereal.


I obviously had to give that a go - I love puffed rice cereals and puffed kamut and stuff for using as a plain base for fun yogurt mixes. It was only a matter of time until I hunted down some puffed quinoa. :P


And put it on a bowl of yogurt, goji berries, blueberries, chocolate chips, cacao nibs, and peanut sauce. YUM. Snack extraordinaire. 

And their muesli?


So good! Have I mentioned that I love muesli? Even more on a base of yogurt and cacao nibs and peanut butter?


But I really don't think I'll be going back to the quinoa-less variety any time soon. Do you see the size of that chunk of sweet quinoa granola? YUM. And it's chockfull of tasty dried fruits and crunchy cereal bits. Yes, please!

My mom, who's a fan of 'real food' (aka, savory cooked meals) instantly fell in with the Granissimo 5 grains blent.


It's super easy to prepare (just boil it in stock or water for 20-22 minutes, and it forms a tasty pilaf that's the texture of polenta or grits, but with fun crunchy bit and "way more flavor!" It's one of her new favorite grains.


She also loves the nutritional stats! All the protein is pretty awesome and it's a blend of great grains - quinoa, amaranth, millet, long grain brown rice, and red lentils!


We had it with Tofurkey Italian sausages (review to come!) and peas that I accidentally waaaaay overcooked. The bottom layer of the peas was definitely delightfully charred, but we still enjoyed our dinner.


Yum, yum! Everyone loved the pilaf (my little sister, who is six, wasn't crazy about the texture - but she still ate it and said she liked the taste).


I was super curious about the quinoa burgers! They're really easy to prepare - just mix the packet contents with warm water, let sit for 5 minutes, and cook in olive oil for 2-3 minutes on each side.


Check out all that fiber and iron, whoa! A serving is 1/5 of the packet...


...which makes a big patty!


I think I used too little water, though, because the patties fell apart.


They were still delicious, though! I actually liked this better than the pilaf, because it was nice and crunchy. And so well spiced! With turmeric, garlic, dehydrated veggies, and all kinds of other spices. Yum!

Have you tried GoGo Quinoa?

What's your favorite unusual grain?

What's your favorite way to eat quinoa?

No comments:

Post a Comment