Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

WIAW #56

It's Wednesday again! And it's the third week of the semester already! And Boston Fashion Week runway shows start next week! And my first paper of the semester is due next week!
Wowza. Last semester blew by super-speedily and it looks like this semester has every intention of doing the same!
Last week I shared that the good habit that I'm trying to get into at the moment is more self-confidence. I'm still working on that now - 7 days down, 14 to go before I reach the magic 21 days to form a habit! 
It takes some effort, and I keep having to remind myself not to go back to my shy girl ways, but it's worth it. :)
Anyway, I'm loving finally living off campus and having my own kitchen to prepare yummy food in, so let's get to what I've been enjoying, shall we?

Oh, BUT FIRST - if you haven't entered my Chobani giveaway (I'm giving away a whole case of greek yogurt to celebrate my good news) do so pronto! Winners are announced next week.
This post has a lot of bean love. What can I say? I eat a lot of beans - they're so yummy! 
I eat a lot of other stuff, too, but somehow my camera/smartphone always seems to come out when there are beans involved.
Or veggies...

Yum, yum, veggies.

Microwave bakes for the win!


And nuts, always nuts. Remember these from my frozen banana bites recipe?


They're also very yummy on their own - albeit super spicy!


I love sauteed mixed veggies smothered in mustard with a veggie burger (this one is soy-based) and a dinner roll (unpictured).


I love beans, especially with frozen berries, some form of chocolate, caramel, and peanut paste (smooth nut butter + peanut flour + almond milk).


Excuse the plastic spoon, my kitchenware is all over the place right now, since I'm buying stuff piecewise (welcome to a budget).

I have been so addicted to cacao nibs lately...


Lots of cereal goes on and I can't say I'm complaining - yum, yum, yum!


But having my own kitchen also means experimenting! Living in the (expensive) Boston area means budgeting. Experimenting + Budgeting =


I cooked dried beans by myself for the first time! I made up a big batch and froze it, because preparing them that way (using the sort that I found at the grocery store) saves me 2/3 of the cost of beans if I continued buying them in cans and I eat a lot of beans.

Yay, frugality!


Saving on the beans means that I have money left to buy some (not cheap) berries. Can you spot the cacao nibs and carob chips in there? So delicious!


I also love roasted cauliflower. I know it's not healthy to overcook/blacken your veggies, but they're just so much yummier that way (I know, I'm weird) so I do it anyway. Oops?


Served with frozen mixed berries, peanut paste, and caramel (can you see them in the back? I put them in the bowl first, so it's a bit tough).

This reminds me, I need to go grocery shopping...

What are your go-to confidence tricks?

What's your favorite berry?

Did you follow New York Fashion Week? What was your favorite collection?

Again, don't forget to enter my latest giveaway to win a case of Chobani!

No comments:

Post a Comment