Ads 468x60px

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Tofurky Vegan Products Review

As promised, here's my review of Tofurky's meatless Italian Sausage. I made it for dinner for my family one night (including my meat-loving, averse-to-tofu dad) and, needless to say, everyone loved it.

Why needless?


Because look at that sausage - delicious, no? It didn't fool the meat lover (my dad, an agricultural scientist) but it fooled my German mother, who grew up on sausage. Both of them loved it!


I really liked it too. A lot. Especially with mustard, ketchup, and sauteed onions (I sauteed them together with the tofu sausages). These are definitely not the nasty tofu sausages that became infamous in the crunchy-granola 70s. 


The only one of us who didn't love it was my seven-year-old sister. She enjoyed the sausage, too, but had to give up after a quarter of one because it was just too spicy for her.


The rest of us liked the spice, though (even wimpy me), because it complemented the basil and sun-dried tomatoes in the tofu sausage really well.

Oh, as to how I cooked them: I just put them in a pan with some oil (and the chopped onions) and browned them. Easy as peas!

Actually, scratch that. Easier than peas - considering that I did just fine with the sausages, but totally burnt the peas (whoopsies).

As a bonus, here's a quick review of their hot dogs!


I never liked hot dogs but these are really good. They have a different texture than hot dogs, definitely more tofu-y, so you won't be fooling any meat eaters. But why bother fooling them when you can just convince them that the vegan version is awesomer?


My meat-eating friend loved these, too, both of us really liked the spicing. The hot dogs are flavorful and delicious, perfect for making a little mid-afternoon salad all the awesomer!

And yes, I'm going to act like that's a word. Yes, I go to Harvard. Yes, I call myself a writer. Are we done? :P

Do you like sausages? Tofu or meat?

What's the tastiest dinner you've had lately?

Do you ever cook for your family?

No comments:

Post a Comment