Ads 468x60px

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Raw, Vegan Nutella : A Rawtella Review!

I'm a Nutella fan, so I was super excited to hear about Rawtella, a healthy vegan, raw spread made with only 3 ingredients per jar. And all 3 ingredients are simple, healthful, and organic!


I got to try Rawtella Original (made of just raw hazelnuts, raw cacao nibs, and coconut sugar!) but there's also Rawtella Mint, Rawtella Silk, Rawtella Crunch, and Rawtella Coffee.


There's no oil layer when you open the jar (so no mess, yaaaaaaaay), but some of the coconut sugar had separated out.


Post-stir, it looked awesome.


And tasted even better!


I like this spread completely unrelated to the fact that it's the kind of healthful, nutritious spread that I can feel good about having with my breakfast, lunch, dinner, and/or snacks (which it is).


It tastes pretty spot-on like Nutella, but it's a little thicker (I like!) and the hazelnut flavor is slightly more pronounced - but not too much so!


It is beyond belief creamy and seriously addicting - but I didn't have a sugar crash after, as it only has 8g of sugar to Nutella's 21g.


You don't miss the sugar (my friends didn't, either). It's the perfect amount of sweet, even though it has only about a third of the sugar that Nutella does.


Oh. My. Gosh. This is becoming a staple in my household. Oh, and it's mom approved, for both nutrition and taste :) You can feel good about spreading this on your (or your little gremlin's!) lunchbox sandwich!

I also really liked the Rawmio - picking favorites was quite a toss-up! Rawmio is a raw vegan chocolate almond butter.


It's also made of just 3 simple, healthful ingredients (the exact same ones as the Rawtella, only with almonds instead of hazelnuts).


It looks very similar to the Rawtella pre-spread, and it smells delightfully chocolatey.


It's a little harder to spread than the Rawtella, however, as it's thicker and slightly less creamy - but every bit as delicious and it's beyond flavorful!


It's amazing spread on Ezekiel sprouted english muffins. Even better paired with peanut butter for a healthy Reese's inspired treat. :)


Definitely the right way to kick off a Saturday morning!

Have you tried Rawtella?

Have you ever had anything with coconut sugar in it?

What's your favorite sandwich spread/filling?

There are just a few days left to enter my giveaway to win a free case of Chobani greek yogurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment