Ads 468x60px

Friday, December 21, 2012

Friday Foodie Finds #25 - Kaffee und Kuchen Style!

Yay! I'm officially on Christmas break!

It's so good to be home :) Especially after having not seen everyone since August!

Being at home on vacation means there's time for lots of relaxation and doing the fun things that we do when we don't have work/school! Like watching movies with my mom, playing games with my sister, baking, having coffee and cake in the afternoon (in the German Kaffee und Kuchen tradition).

For me, it's more of a tea and treats kind of thing, since I prefer ice cream/chocolate/brownies/cookies to cake and can't get over the coffee aftertaste. But my mom is definitely a traditional German in preferring a strong cup of high-quality coffee and some cake!

I got the chance to review some Don Tomas Coffee, but since I know next-to-nothing about coffee and my mom is a super-picky coffee connoisseur, I thought I'd let her do the review and I'd be the scribe!

So first, a bit about Don Tomas Coffee: it's farm fresh Arabica coffee from a firm with a social conscience (read more about that here). The coffee comes from Jinotega, Nicaragua and comes in five varieties. My mom tried the Medium Signature roast!


She said that it's very robust, with nice rounded flavors. It's very aromatic and brewing even a cup fills the air. It's way better than Folgers or any of the standard supermarket brands.

Flavor-wise, she says it's almost on-par with Starbucks. That's her favorite American coffee and I can't think of a commercial variety that she has said is nearly up to Starbucks cafe quality (with the exception of the Starbucks grounds) so that's quite the recommendation.


You can follow Don Tomas Coffee on Facebook to stay up-to-date on promotions and new products.

So fittingly, this Friday Foodie Finds features some yummy treats you can make to enjoy at your very own Kaffee und Kuchen! You don't need to be German (or in Germany) to enjoy an afternoon treat! V for vegan!


slice of double chocolate cake


Banana Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding


IMG 8867   Mini Peanut Butter Cups in a Jar



Madison's Banana Bread (V)


Any of those treats would go just great with a cup of coffee for a delightful mid-afternoon Kaffee und Kuchen break!

What's your favorite kind of coffee?

Do you make treats in jars?

What are some things you are looking forward to doing this Christmas vacation?

Don't forget to enter my LUNA Protein Giveaway to win 24 yummy bars!

No comments:

Post a Comment