Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

WIAW #68

During stressful times, like exams period, it's more important than ever to make a little time to relax. A great way to de-stress is to enjoy a nice, fragrant candle for a few moments and put aside thoughts of whatever is stressing you out.

I like JenSan Home and Body candles - they're homemade and organic, made by two wonderful women in Plainfield, New Jersey!

Jennifer and Sandra Mapp are a pair of crafty sisters, originally from the island of Barbados, who believe in making small-batch products fresh, with an emphasis on high quality ingredients.


They make a bunch of different scents of candles (as well as soaps, body scrubs, and more) but I tried the Christmas Wreath scented soy candle.


It smells really nice! I would expect a fir-type scent from a Christmas Wreath candle, but while this definitely had some piney notes, there's also something else in there - spices? Berries? Poinsetta? Whatever it is, it does smell very holiday-ish!

In addition to taking time to relax, remember to eat!

What I Ate Wednesday Healthy Holiday Recipes


I have no photos of full meals for you today (do I ever?) but instead, there's a whole lot of (study) snackage.



Like Rox Chox, a Luna Bar, roasted kabocha (I just tried it with coconut oil and nutmeg - oh. whoa) and some un-pictured peanut butter. This one's a real regular with me.

As are yogurt-granola-fruit-dried fruit-nut-nut butter bowls of awesomeness.


Or a late night randomness study snack edition.


Hey, tastebuds ask for weird things at 2am. Don't judge.


What did I say about that Luna Bar, Nut Butter, Roasted Kabocha Squash, some sort of chocolate combo? Highly addictive. As for that walnut butter? This is like my third jar this month. I think I may have a problem...


Cauliflower had fallen out of my life for a while, but it's back with a vengeance. And charred.

Lentils have always been in my life, on the other hand.


And cereal bowls. Like the below, where you can't see any of the yogurt or cereal for all the toppings.


 Freeze dried strawberries, Go Raw sprouted pumpkin seeds, cacao nibs, Market Basket's knock-off version of Fiber One cereal, and Chobani has been a real favorite combo this week.


I can't even count how many times I've eaten it.


Or how spookily similar the bowls always look.

But microwave chocolate cakes are always a win, too! Especially with frozen blackberries on top and a handful (or more, depending on the number of papers I have due) of chocolate chips tossed into the batter!


So easy, so yummy, so much love.

And for more cauliflower love (I swear I'm not going to turn into a cauliflower - I just happened to take a picture of it every time that I had it this week, so it looks like a lot!)


And I always eat it sweet. Who says side dishes have to be savory?


Whoever did is obviously wrong. Everything is better sweet!

Good luck with your exams!

What's your favorite holiday scent?

Do you use candles often?

Have you ever been to a tropical island?

No comments:

Post a Comment