Ads 468x60px

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Going Wild and Zen Inspiring Eats

The veganification continues!

And yes, that's a word - just don't look it up. Webster hasn't quite accepted it yet, but he's behind the times.

Anyway, with the continued veganification, I need more vegan-friendly brands to rely on! Luckily, the number of vegan-friendly products, cafes, etc. is constantly increasing.

And this week I get to review a healthy snack from Wilderness Poets!


I love the wild. Drop me in the woods, preferably for camping or hiking, and I'm happy as Pooh Bear with a pot of honey. Add literature (okay, maybe not poetry - but some novels) and it's sheer perfection!

From the name of the company to the name of the snack - Song of Abundance, how much more zen can you get? - it's catchy. Luckily, the company isn't just catchy. Their mission statement lives up to expectations: We believe that sharing delicious, wholesome foods, grown on small organic family farms, can help heal people, our communities, and planet.


Sounds good to me. Even better, the trail mix is truly just a mix of wholesome, natural foods.


With only 6 (7, if you count the coconut nectar) ingredients, all of which are not only pronounceable but actually recognizable in the product (except the coconut nectar, which you can't see) it's something I can definitely feel good about snacking on, whether I'm in the woods or not.


And this combination is delightful! I often pick trail mixes apart and eat them constituent by constituent, but this was such a winning combo of flavors that I wanted to have them all in my mouth at the same time.

I was surprised that the cacao nibs would work with the goji berries and raisins, but they did. They add a burst of flavor, an extra layer of depth, that really enriched the overall taste.

Two thumbs up!

What's your favorite trail mix?


Do you like the wild?


Are you a fan of poetry?

No comments:

Post a Comment