Ads 468x60px

Monday, July 9, 2012

Product Preview and Day 9: 30 Day Blog Challenge

Remember how I reviewed the delicious P28 high protein bagels and high protein bread about a month or two ago? Well, I have great news! 

Guess what?

P28 is launching a new high protein flatbread in just four weeks! Y'all can order it on their site then, but you know how I am with patience.

I have none.

So they were nice enough to send me some to try now!


They're not vegan, as they include whey protein and stuff, but (as I said) I'm not being strict about the vegan thing. 


Thank goodness not, because these are awesome!


For starters, they're huge (that's one of those really big dinner plates, so that it fills it is pretty epic). Here's my hand and the flatbread, for comparison's sake.


They're also absolutely delicious - they're whole grain with that lovely wheaty flavor and have a fabulous texture! 

They're chewy, so they're super fun to pull apart and eat with dips. 

They're also stable enough to make a pizza on (and a super-healthy, super-quick pizza crust!) and big enough to make a pretty awesome burrito or wrap.

But here's my personal favorite way to eat them: 

1) Put a flatbread on a plate.
2) Spread it with nut butter of choice (I used peanut butter)
3) Sprinkle with chocolate chips (I used vegan ones from Sunspire)
4) Put a chilled banana about an inch from one side of the flatbread and roll the whole thing up.

I promise - it's sooooooo good. I dare you to make that exact thing and not love it. In fact, I double dare you.

I definitely recommend these - I'm getting more as soon as they hit the shelves! Okay, now that I'm done gushing, on to the challenge!

Day 9: What's your food philosophy?

Peanut Butter and Jenny

Eat food that you want, when you want it. Food should make you feel good - whether it's a PB&J, a salad, or a McFlurry. All food is healthy, it's about the balance. 

And even eating a deep fried Twinkie is healthier than eating nothing at all - because isn't the point of health life and being able to do what you want? Starvation and malnourishment, such as result from orthorexia, are the OPPOSITE of healthiness. 

You can 'clean eat' yourself into an early grave, osteoporosis, amenorrhea, heart issues, etc. - and that's as unhealthy as it gets.

Eat what you want when you want it - your body knows best, it will eventually balance out.

What's your food philosophy?


How would you eat the flatbreads?


Do you think you'll try them (and, in general, do you tend to look forward to trying new products)?

No comments:

Post a Comment