Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

WIAW #48

As usual, this WIAW is a random compilation of foods and has nothing to do with what I eat in a day. Other than these foods were eaten some day. :P For me, WIAWs are more of an excellent food photo dump. And a fun opportunity to come up with some fun theme to tie it together!

This week, I'm answering random fun questionnaire questions that I've found floating about in the blogosphere.


Oh, and as for the fitness aspect, I'm going to throw in a quick reminder that fitness should only come as tied to the first word: fun. If you don't love running, don't run. If you don't love the gym, don't go to the gym. You can find other ways to be active and a break from traditional exercise isn't going to kill you - it's too hot for me to be active outside and I don't have a gym membership, so I haven't really been exercising at all. But guess what? I'm still alive. If you feel like you need exercise or you panic if you can't get it, those are signs of exercise addiction.

Movin' on!

Peas and Crayons

What did you do last night?

Ate ice cream (from the tub, of course, in my hot pink PJs with the hearts all over them), read a Faye L. Booth novel, and contemplated shoes the meaning of life.

Tee-hee, we know which one it really was (shhh).

Love those Dr. Praeger's California Burgers
When was the last time you laughed REALLY hard?

Ten minutes ago, when visiting one of my favorite procrastination destinations, That Disney Gif, and I saw this:

WHEN DROP I T LOW COMES ON AT THE CLUB




I probably like memes too much (certainly too much to be cool). But you're welcome.

Did you enjoy your weekend?

What kind of question is that?

D. U. H.

I am such an apple addict. If I could only have one fruit (quelle horreur!) it would definitely be apples.
Would you ever get a tattoo?

No. I might do one of those henna things on the beach, if I'm feeling wild, but as for permanent ink? Nooooooo thank you. I definitely don't judge, though, my sister has a tattoo, as does my cousin and so do several of my friends, but it's just not for me.

It's odd, though, isn't it? Tattoos seem to go through waves in popularity and they definitely seem to be more in again now.

But I like my trends a little less permanent.

Cheezy Kale Chips
Are you stubborn?

Haha, YES.

Ramen with broccoli, soy sauce, and Nooch
What's your favorite flower?

Sunflowers for the win!

Chocolatey bean mash, lentils, sweet stewed rhubarb compote, vanilla soy milk (I ate this with almond butter)
The first peeve that comes to mind?

Excessive hipsterness. Probably because I'm in NYC (and I came here straight from Cambridge, MA) so my hipster quotient is way overfull.

A lovely green salad, close up below
Texting or talking?

I like talking in person but I'm really not a big fan of phone call convos. So texting? Yes, please!

Avocadooooooo
Cats or dogs?

Cats!!! I love, love, love cats! 

Dogs I can do without.

Frozen blueberries, toasted lentils, and diced avocado (raisins joined the party, post-photograph)
If you had to give a one-word, one-reason explanation as the primary reason for why you're vegetarian, what would you say?

Environment.

Thick pasta thrown in a veggie stirfry.
Have you had the chicken pox (when)?

I did, when I was four! It was torturous, I still remember. We still lived in South Africa at the time and I remember that I had to stay home, all itchy and uncomfortable, while my sister got to go to the bakery with my mom. My sister got this really cool (to my 4-year-old, obviously irrational, self) mini barbie thing that was stuck in the top of a cupcake that my mom bought for her while they were out and I got nada!

Oh, I was pissed. And I definitely didn't get over it for a while. In retrospect, it was a flat little plastic decoration probably worth less than ten cents. 

Bwahahaha.

Haha, I ate almost half of it before I realized how pretty the colors were together and that I should probably take a picture.
Who would you most like to send you flowers right now?

No one. I'm not huge on having decomposing plants hanging out in my room, so flowers? I can do without. 

I've really never seen what's supposed to be so sweet or romantic about giving someone something that's already on a quick road to death.

I'd rather have yummy treats.

Those flat noodles (what are they called again? Angel hair are the skinny ones, so what are these?) with a chopped-veggies-sauteed-in-olive-oil sauce and mustard on the side.
Rice or pasta?

Rice, especially brown! I like the nuttiness. :) I also like quinoa, but I only ever eat it at school - somehow it's one of those things that seems like too much effort to try on my own (though it really can't be, right? I mean, come on - how much harder can it be than rice?). Quinoa is now on my to-do list.
Cheezy Kale Chips
Sweet or salty?

That you even have to ask, *so disappointed*. Sweet, of course!

Cashew butter, honey, peas, vanilla soy milk mixed with soygurt, granola, toasted lentils, goji berries
Favorite Nut Butter?

It cycles between Almond and Peanut, but I do enjoy Soy Nut now and then...

Sundried tomatoes from Whole Foods
Least Favorite Nut Butter?

Sorry guys, but I'm going to have to say coconut butter. I love eating nut butters with a spoon, on my ice cream, in my yogurt, on bread, etc., but coconut butter plain? Not so deelish. 

Eggplant fries with ketchup
Feel free to take my random survey, too, and leave a link if you post your answers - I'd love to read them!

Which picture is the yummiest?

What's the tastiest thing you've had this week?

What's your favorite condiment? I used to love ketchup, then I hated it, now I love it again. Mustard and me, though? Our relationship is totally uncomplicated, it's a consistent love-love-love situation. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment