Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

WIAW #46: Some Vegan Eats

Last week I announced that I'm trying to eat more vegan meals. So this week I'll share experiences from my first day!

As always, this isn't every last thing that I ate that day. So bear with me.

Peas and Crayons

Anyway, in my first day with more vegan food I observed a few major trends.

Bean-mashed potato mash with frozen berries, chocolate toasted lentils, vanilla almond milk and...I think that's it!
Trend #1: I ate even more than usual.

But when it tastes this good, who's complaining?
Trend #2: I was hungry earlier in the day, like I used to be (I've been shifting towards being more of a late eater) and so I was fuller later in the day.

My first (of many) eats of the day - a raspberry chocolate smoothie with Amazing Grass Amazing Meal Vanilla Chai mixed in at the end (see the swirl of green in the corner)?
Trend #3: I ate a boat-ton of carbs and fats and carob and legumes. Which I suppose makes sense, since that's where the nutrient (and calorie) density is.


Vegan carob chips and crunchy almond butter - the perfect complements for roasted kabocha!

Some squash to go with that...

I roasted a bunch earlier and froze it - so today I just had to warm it up in the pan! This was the last of my kabocha, though...shopping time!
Trend #4: Almond milk? New obsession.

Chocolate bean and mashed potato mix (don't diss it 'til you try it!) topped with toasted chocolate lentils and vanilla almond milk.
Maybe almond milk is the new greek yogurt in the sense that I add it to everything?

Speaking of add it to everything - I'm on such a goji berry kick right now.
Trend #5: I got way more creative with my eats. Yay!

Like this chocolate toasted lentils...I've wanted to try toasted lentils for a while and I'm glad I did!
Trend #6: I cooked a lot more.

Like this stirfry (see the kabocha? nom nom nom).
I got my veggies in today - so yummy!

Pretty perfect on lightly dressed greens.

I tried more things that I'd read about but never gotten around to...

Like cheezy cauliflower-mashed potatoes (half and half)
I still can't follow instructions, though.

I threw in the tomatoes on a whim and they made it AWESOME!
I also ate veggies I hadn't eaten in a while...

Like zucchini! Brushed with canola oil and roasted in the oven.
I payed more attention to my food and took more time to prepare and enjoy it.

I hadn't sliced up an apple in a while - I usually just munch them whole, on the run. This was fun!
And my fitness? Serving up soft serve at the speed of light at my new job! With this hot weather, we are crazy busy!

Have you had any fun firsts this week?


Have you ever tried toasted lentils?


What is your favorite vegan food?

No comments:

Post a Comment