Ads 468x60px

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Two Moms In The Raw Review

Can you believe it's already the end of June???

Neither can I - that's crazysauce.

Anyway, you remember how I loooove raw desserts, right? I'm not a raw foodist, but raw desserts are so good that they really aren't just for those who can't/won't have the baked/cooked stuff.

Still, while NYC has no shortage of fun places to pick up a raw dessert, when I'm at home in Greensboro, NC (or even at school in Cambridge, MA!) options are pretty slim.

As in: either I get a food processor and make them myself or I'm out of luck.

Luckily, there's Two Moms in the Raw! Two Moms in the Raw is a raw foods company dedicated to producing 100% organic, healthy, vegan, handmade snacks and desserts without any refined sugars or added oils. Instead, their products are chockful of nuts, sprouted grains, seeds, and dried fruits!

But I've said it before and I'll say it again - food can be as healthy as can be, but that doesn't mean anything to me if it doesn't taste good, too. So I was pretty excited when they sent me some samples to try!

Chocoholic that I am, I tore into the Almond Butter Cacao Truffles first.


They're made out of: Almonds, Organic Coconut, Organic Agave, Organic Cacao, and Salt.

That's it. Only five ingredients, all of which you could easily recognize at the grocery store.

And they're none the less fabulous for it - in fact, they're more fabulous.


These aren't your traditional truffles - they're more like Jocolat Lara bars with a powdery cacao coating and a lovely truffle shape.


Each one is 120 calories and one would have satisfied my sweet tooth, but I had two because I was hungry (I ate them with cereal in greek yogurt). While they're so good that one will satisfy you, they're so good that you'll want two.


Sorry for the lighting in these shots, they were my late-night movie snack.

(Healthy) Chocolate and Sex in the City, enjoyed from her NYC apartment. What more could a girl want?

Have you tried any Two Moms in the Raw products?


Who is your favorite Sex in the City character? While Carrie is obviously the star, there's something so likeable about Miranda...

What is your favorite raw dessert?

No comments:

Post a Comment