Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Unexpected Chocolasplosion

Chocolasplosion.

That's really the only way to describe it. When I got a Keen-wah Decadence bar in the mail from Yoga Earth, I was pretty excited for the following three reasons (in no particular order):

1) I love bars
2) I love doing reviews
3) I love getting mail

And when I read the flavor, Organic Chocolate Chia, there were a whole lot of things I was expecting. Like hearty, grainy, dry, cacao-y, healthy, nourishing. All in all, a bar that might take a little getting used to, but would taste good by two bars in and would leave me feeling great and energized.

Works for me. Especially since it comes in a pretty pink wrapper.


And has a nice ingredients list:

Chocolate Chia Ingredients: Almond butter, coconut nectar, Peruvian cacao powder, chopped almonds, cacao butter, Peruvian cacao nibs, chia seeds, sprouted quinoa flour, quinoa crisps, brown rice protein powder, Himalayan sea salt, Chocolate Coating: Dark chocolate (evaporated cane juice, cocoa butter, chocolate liquor, soy lecithin). All ingredients 100% Organic.

But what I sure as heck wasn't expecting was what it was.


Needless to say, I was a bit flummoxed when I tore open the wrapper to find a fudgy chocolate candy bar. I kind of felt like I should double check the wrapper to make sure I hadn't ended up trading my Organic Chocolate Chia bar for something from Hershey's in the few seconds it took me between photographing the wrapped bar and looking at the unwrapped bar.

Nope, this is it.


And guess what? It tastes exactly like it looks - rich, fudgy, chocolaty, sweet, and decadent. Oh haaaaiiii almond butter and coconut nectar saving the day! I'm going to give most of the credit to those two ingredients, I think.

Though, really? It's probably the perfect harmony of all of the ingredients. 

At least, that sounds like a yoga-y explanation. Without the quinoa crisps and chia seeds for crunch, it wouldn't have that extra 'whoooooaaaa' factor.

Whatever the explanation, this bar is AWESOME. Point-blank. I'm seriously going to need to go order the other two flavors as soon as I'm done writing this (Cayenne Cinnamon and Coconut Almond, in case you're wondering).

It's not often that I go straight from finishing a product to writing a review, but my excitement about this couldn't wait!

Have you tried any Yoga Earth products?

Have you ever tried yoga?

Do you have any plans for Independence Day tomorrow?


No comments:

Post a Comment