Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Beach Town: Wilmington, NC

With the holiday coming up, I'm delighted to get to spend a few days with my family. Even though they threw me out at thirteen.


I'm kidding! I had to beg to go to boarding school for high school, they didn't want to let me leave, but whenever I tell anyone that I went to boarding school they give me that look like, 'oh, I'm sorry your parents don't love you' or 'wow, what did you DO?' 

I think it's funny, since none of the prep school kids that I know were sent against their will or were there as a punishment. 

Anyway, where am I spending these delightful couple of days with my family?

In the lovely beach town, Wilmington, NC!

From the web
In addition to miles of beautiful sandy beach (the location of many fond childhood memories), Wilmington has a public university and over 99,000 residents.

Imagine going to school at the beach. It would be lovely! On the other hand, it's much easier to sit in the library for hours on end in rainy Cambridge than it would be in a sunny beach town.

So maybe it's a good thing that Harvard isn't at the beach.

Anyway, I know you guys are wondering - what is there to eat in Wilmington?


A lot. Some places that I would like to visit (in addition to the mandatory ice cream/fro-yo) include:

Whole Foods
3804 Oleander Drive
910.77.2499
8am-9pm

Wilmington has a Whole Foods! How awesome is that for a beach town, especially if you're staying longer?

There's also a coop with a vegetarian-friendly kitchen! 

Tidal Creek Cooperative Market
5329 Oleander Dr
(910) 799-2667
8am-8pm

As yummy as salads are, there's no need to subsist on salad alone in this beach town.

Island Wellness Market****
1140-G N. Lake Park Boulevard
Carolina Beach, NC 28248

9am-6pm

It's a brand-new hippie store and I definitely want to check it out! I love little markets like this. I hope I get the chance to check it out!

But there are also great restaurants!

Big Daddy's of Kure Beach
206 Avenue K., Kure Beach
910.458.8622

I'd love to check this one out, because I read about it on someone else's blog (I can't remember which one) and it sounded tasty - lots of seafood options, but also plenty of vegetarian options!


Subway
700 N Lake Park Blvd, Carolina Beach, NC


Subway is pure nostalgia for me, it reminds me of childhood summer trips and road trips! It's also super budget friendly.

I'll try to remember to photograph some of my food and fun times for y'all, but no promises - I'm on vacation which means there are no commitments. Whoot!

Have you been/are you going to the beach this summer?

Do you have a favorite beach? If so, which one?

When is the last time you've seen your family?

No comments:

Post a Comment