Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

WIAW #96: Carolina Beach, NC

This WIAW is short and doesn't have much in it, but since I missed week I thought I'd just quickly post a few pictures from last week's trip to the beach.

Peas and Crayons

It was a ton of fun!

At the airport, surprisingly good guacamole at Salsarita's!
Here's some of the veggie love that I enjoyed.



The caramelized walnuts (in about an inch of sugar, haha) were super delicious and the honey dressing was great, too!


But a fresher, simpler salad that I made myself was yummy, too.


And who doesn't love a good smoothie on a hot day?

Other than the actual highlight of the trip:


This was the culinary highlight of the trip!

From the ice cream shop in the fish shop on the Kure Beach Pier - BEST. EVER.
We always go to that ice cream shop when we go to the pier, it's the absolute best. They only have a few flavors of premium ice cream, but it's all super creamy and sweet and delicious. You can't go wrong! The scoops are also really generous - my cone was twice as big when I started (but hot day + yummy melting ice cream = quickly disappearing cone).

And what beach trip would be complete without this?


Watermelon tastes like summer on the beach to me. It just does.

As always, this isn't everything that I ate in a day - these are random photos from the few days that I was there and just what I thought had interesting colors (I didn't feel like photographing endless PB&Js, etc.)

Here are a few bonus pics (as in, not from the beach):



Yummy.



But seriously, what is the deal with this ridiculously hot summer we've been having?


No bueno.

Have you been/are you going to the beach this summer?

What's the last thing you ate?

What's your favorite kind of ice cream?

No comments:

Post a Comment